Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mass of the Holy Spirit

    Tonight, John Felice Rome Center hosted a mass for the students. The mass was held at San Ignacio church right next to the Pantheon near Piazza Novona. Following the mass was a dinner at a local restaurant.
     My friends and I got all dressed up and ready for church. On the way to the mass, we got lost. It took us over an hour to get to the church, but we finally made it. When we walked in, we were all shocked. This was not a little catholic church down a side street. San Ignacio is enormous. I could not believe I was attending mass there with only a few other students. It is one of the most beautiful churches I have ever been to. Tom was asked by Father Al to read during the mass, and many of the faculty members and students sang and played instruments.
     After mass, we went to dinner at an osteria. Here, I had the best meal yet since I have been here. The first course was a stuff tomato with ricotta cheese, drizzled in balsamic and pesto. Then, we were served their famous ravioli, stuffed with pear and carrot. I recommend everyone come to Rome just to try this dish. Finally, we had pork tenderloin and fresh vegetables. The whole meal was outstanding, and it was a great way to reflect on how lucky we all are to be studying abroad in such a wonderful place.

Baci,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment