Sunday, January 13, 2013

Among the Ruins

     This weekend, we went to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum on Saturday, and a walled city called Viterbo on Sunday. The Colosseum and Forum are breathtaking. I couldn't help but get goosebumps walking around places that existed in ancient Rome.
     Today, we went to the walled city of Viterbo. It was beautiful. I took so many pictures, but they do not capture half of the beauty that lies within the walls of the city. Every street, alley way and apartment home looked as if it was out of a movie. For lunch, we ate at Ora Domus La Quercia, which was a former covent of the Sanctuary of Saint Maria della Quercia. It was a quiet Sunday, spent outside of noisy Rome, in one of the most picturesque places I have ever been to. I wish I could bring all of you to see the true beauty of Viterbo, but until then here are some pictures.

Baci,
Nikki




No comments:

Post a Comment