Friday, January 11, 2013

A Night to Remember

     Tonight was the perfect night. My brother and I were tired from a long day of meetings, so we decided to skip going out and just go to dinner ourselves. We took the bus to Piazza Cavour and from there, we walked to the Vatican. When I was in Rome four years ago, my family and I visited the Vatican. I remember the crowds of people and long lines of tourists waiting to see everything. Tonight, there were about fifteen locals. My brother and I were in awe. Without thousands of people standing around, I could appreciate the beauty and importance of what I was staring at.
     After that, we decided to go eat dinner. We had no idea where to go, so we just walked. After about fifteen minutes, we found a little underground restaurant with some of the best pasta I have ever tasted in my life. It was the perfect way to end a long day.

Baci,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment