Sunday, February 3, 2013

Carnival in Venezia

This weekend, my brother and I took our first trip while at the Rome Center to Venice. We left on Friday and got there late Friday night. We stayed in a pensione called Allogi Agli Artisti, where we had to share a bathroom with all of the other travelers on the floor. I definitely felt like a student backpacking through Europe. Because this weekend was Carnival, everyone was dressed up in costumes and wearing handmade masks. There were concerts and festivals in Piazza San Marco all weekend long. We ate lunch and dinner in two places where only locals went, and no one spoke English. It rained the entire weekend, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. My brother and I had so much fun, made so many memories and shared so many laughs. And of course, the rain did not stop me from buying shoes or having my first gelato of the trip! It was a weekend that I will remember forever.

Baci,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment